Dr Katherine Staden
I am a Research Fellow (postdoc) at the Mathematics Institute of the University of Warwick and DIMAP with Oleg Pikhurko, working on the ERC project Extremal Combinatorics. Previously I was a Ph.D. student working in the Graph Theory and Combinatorics group at the University of Birmingham, UK. My supervisor was Deryk Osthus and my co-supervisor was Daniela Kühn. I graduated in July 2015; my thesis was 'Robust Expansion and Hamiltonicity'. Before moving to Birmingham, I did my B.A. and M.Math. at the University of Cambridge from 2007-2011. Here is a copy of my CV.
Oleg Pikhurko and I are organising Conference on Extremal Combinatorics, to occur at the University of Warwick on 18-22 September 2017. Registration open now!
My research interests lie in extremal graph theory. During my PhD I mainly worked on Hamilton cycle problems in regular graphs; lately I have been working on stability, graph subdivisions and Ramsey theory.
- Independent sets in hypergraphs and Ramsey properties of graphs and the integers, (with Robert Hancock and Andrew Treglown), submitted (32 pages).
- Proof of Komlos's conjecture on Hamiltonian subsets, (with Jaehoon Kim, Hong Liu and Maryam Sharifzadeh), submitted (33 pages).
- Local conditions for exponentially many subdivisions, (with Hong Liu and Maryam Sharifzadeh), to appear in Combinatorics, Probability and Computing (7 pages).
- The Erdős-Rothschild problem on edge-colourings with forbidden monochromatic cliques, (with Oleg Pikhurko and Zelealem B. Yilma), to appear in Math. Proc. Cambridge Phil. Soc. (15 pages).
- On degree sequences forcing the square of a Hamilton cycle, (with Andrew Treglown), SIAM J. Discrete Math., 31(1), 383-437 (2017).
- Solution to a problem of Bollobás and Häggkvist on Hamilton cycles in regular graphs, (with Daniela Kühn, Allan Lo and Deryk Osthus), J. Combinatorial Theory B, 121, 85-145 (2016).
- The robust component structure of dense regular graphs and applications, (with Daniela Kühn, Allan Lo and Deryk Osthus), Proc. London Math. Soc., 110 (1), 19-56 (2015).
- Approximate Hamilton decompositions of robustly expanding regular digraphs, (with Deryk Osthus), SIAM J. Discrete Math., 27 (3), 1372-1409 (2013).
Conference and Seminar Talks
- Pure and Applied Mathematics Colloquium, Open University, January 2017 (invited)
- Combinatorics seminar, University of Warwick, November 2016
- Combinatorics seminar, FU Berlin, May 2016 (invited)
- Young Mathematicians' Colloquium, University of Birmingham, April 2016 (invited)
- Eurocomb, University of Bergen, September 2015
- British Combinatorial conference, University of Warwick, July 2015
- Combinatorics seminar, University of Bristol, March 2015 (invited)
- Combinatorics seminar, University of Birmingham, November 2014
- Polish Combinatorial Conference, Będlewo, September 2014
- Eurocomb, Pisa, September 2013
- RSA, Poznań , August 2013
- Combinatorics seminar, University of Birmingham, October 2012
- Polish Combinatorial Conference, Będlewo, September 2012
- Postgraduate Combinatorial Conference, University of Warwick, August 2012